Using Ground Blinds
Ground blinds are makeshift or temporary structures located on the ground that conceal the hunter. Ground blinds can be as simple as a natural blind built behind a tree, bush, log, or rock or as sophisticated as a portable, enclosed camouflage-cloth blind.
- You should situate ground blinds:
- Downwind, based on the normal wind pattern during a given time of day, such as morning
- Away from the sun
- Where the foreground and background are safest
- For safety when you are entering or exiting a ground blind:
- Keep the firearm’s muzzle pointed in a safe direction and...
- Safely unload the firearm and put the safety in the “on” position.