ATVs/ORVs and Hunting
It is illegal to operate ATVs and ORVs:
- On private land without the landowner's permission
- On highways (except for agricultural purposes)
- On DNR wildlife management areas*
- With more people on the vehicle than it was designed to carry
- While transporting guns, unless they are unloaded and in a case
- In order to chase or hunt any game animal
Iowa's specific ATV and ORV regulations are available by contacting your local state conservation officer, county recorder, or local DNR office.
*Physically handicapped hunters may be eligible for a permit to operate an ATV or ORV on DNR lands. Permission for access is still required.