Module 1 Objectives
Upon completing Module 1, you should:
- Be able to identify places where a handgun may/may not be carried by a license holder.
- Be able to identify the types of signs that may apply to license holders, including the 51%, §30.06, and §30.07 signs.
- Be able to state the possible outcomes from carrying a handgun while intoxicated.
- Know and understand how reciprocity and unilateral agreements function and know the resources that are available to determine which states are reciprocal/unilateral.
- Be familiar with the laws in Penal Code Chapter 9 related to license to carry and the use of force.
- Know and understand the terms "reasonable" and "necessity."
- Understand when the use of deadly force can be justified.
- Understand the considerations for license holders during interactions with law enforcement officers.