5. Be sure the gun is safe to operate.
Before using any firearm, make sure it is in good working condition.
6. Know how to use the gun.
Learning how to use a gun correctly requires hands-on training and practice.
7. Use the correct ammunition.
Match the proper ammunition to the handgun you are using.
8. Use the proper safety equipment.
Wear ear and eye protection and appropriate headwear at all times while you are practicing.
9. Always follow the range safety rules and instructions.
Carry firearms in cases and unloaded to and from the shooting area.
10. Only use a handgun that you are capable of shooting safely.
Choose a gun that fits your hand properly and does not have too much recoil.