To practice what you have learned about situational awareness and being prepared, think about what you could do legally if you were faced with any of these situations.
- You are walking in a city park in a residential neighborhood when you realize someone is following you:
- When no one else is around or...
- When children are playing nearby.
- You see a stranger leave a neighbor’s house and hide in the bushes.
- You are at the mall and decide to follow a possible female shoplifter to her car.
- It is late at night. You get into the elevator to go to your car in the parking garage. A person who is acting suspiciously gets into the elevator with you just as the doors close.