Whenever handguns are being handled, an incident can occur if the gun is not handled responsibly. Gun safety rules are meant to eliminate the chance of an incident.
- Obey all Ten Commandments of Handgun Safety, paying particular attention to the Four Primary Rules.
- Use common sense.
- Be responsible with your handgun.
The Four Primary Rules of Firearm Safety
- Always point the muzzle in a safe direction.
- Always treat every gun as if it were loaded.
- Always be sure of your target and beyond.
- Always keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to fire.