Introduction to Handgun Safety
Whenever handguns are being handled, an incident can occur if the gun is not handled responsibly. Gun safety rules are meant to eliminate the chance of an incident.
- Obey all Ten Commandments of Handgun Safety, paying particular attention to the Four Primary Rules.
- Use common sense.
- Be responsible with your handgun.
The Four Primary Rules of Firearm Safety
- Always point the muzzle in a safe direction.
- Always treat every gun as if it were loaded.
- Always be sure of your target and beyond.
- Always keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to fire.