You may use force to defend yourself or another person from an assailant in these situations.
- Using force or threatening to use force against an assailant is justified when you reasonably believe that:
- It is necessary for self-defense or the defense of another person and...
- The assailant is about to use unlawful force.
- Using force that is likely to cause death or serious bodily harm (deadly force) against an assailant is justified when you reasonably believe that it is necessary:
- To prevent imminent death or serious bodily harm to yourself or another person or...
- To prevent the commission of a forcible felony.