Louisiana Concealed Handgun Permit (CHP) Online Course
Louisiana Concealed Carry Permit
Louisiana residents must obtain a Concealed Handgun Permit (CHP), while non-residents must have a valid license to carry from a state recognized by Louisiana. CHP applicants must complete a firearms training course. Non-resident permits are not available, however, there are exemptions for non-residents who are in the military and have a Louisiana driver’s license or Louisiana state ID.
Louisiana Resident Requirements
- Applicants must be at least 21 years old
- Must be eligible to possess a firearm per state and federal guidelines
- Must be a resident of the state of Louisiana
- Must have a clean criminal and mental health background
- Not have committed a felony or other disallowed criminal offense
- Not be an abuser of alcohol or addicted to any illegal substances
What to Expect From Concealed Carry Ed
Live‐Action, High‐Definition Videos
Our course videos feature a combination of professional educators (who double as professional actors), entertaining storylines, and up‐to‐date scenarios that give you one of the most effective ways to learn safe handgun-shooting practices.
Learn Your Way on Any Device
Concealed Carry Ed offers online courses that are fully mobile-friendly from start to finish. This safety course is designed to work on your smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer.
You may complete the course at your own pace. The course can be completed in one sitting or a little at a time over several days. Log in and out at any time, and we'll keep track of your progress. Most students finish the course in a few hours.