Indiana License to Carry Handgun (LCH) Online Course
Indiana Concealed Carry Permit
Indiana residents must obtain a License to Carry Handgun (LCH), while non-residents must have a valid state license to carry. There are no requirements for firearms training for the Indiana LCH which allows for open, concealed and locked-case carry. Applicants must be Indiana residents or have a regular place of business or employment in Indiana.
Indiana Resident Requirements
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old
- Must be a citizen of the United States, or not a citizen of the United States but allowed to carry a firearm under federal law
- Has a proper reason for carrying a handgun (i.e., “for the defense of oneself or the State of Indiana”)
- Is of good character and reputation
- Is a “proper person” to be licensed (more information on this definition can be found here)
- Not convicted of a felony or violent crime
Qualified residents are eligible to receive a lifetime qualified license or a lifetime unlimited license. Qualified licenses are issued for hunting and target practice, whereas unlimited licenses are issued for the purpose of the protection of life and property.
What to Expect From Concealed Carry Ed
Live‐Action, High‐Definition Videos
Our course videos feature a combination of professional educators (who double as professional actors), entertaining storylines, and up‐to‐date scenarios that give you one of the most effective ways to learn safe handgun-shooting practices.
Learn Your Way on Any Device
Concealed Carry Ed offers online courses that are fully mobile-friendly from start to finish. This safety course is designed to work on your smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer.
You may complete the course at your own pace. The course can be completed in one sitting or a little at a time over several days. Log in and out at any time, and we'll keep track of your progress. Most students finish the course in a few hours.