Clean your firearms after every use to keep them in top condition. Every hunter should own a complete cleaning kit.
- Work on a cleared table or bench. Always give cleaning your full attention. Never clean a firearm while doing something else.
- Follow these basic steps to clean your firearm.
- Point the muzzle in a safe direction, and make sure the gun is unloaded.
- Remove all ammunition from the cleaning bench.
- For the most thorough cleaning, field strip the firearm as directed in the firearm owner’s manual. Then clean each part separately.