When you are at a shooting range, remember that safety and good manners are in everyone’s best interest.
- Keep all firearms unloaded and cased as you enter the range facility.
- When you check in with the staff at the range, don’t be afraid to ask questions to make sure you know what their expectations are.
- At your assigned station or lane:
- Set up your target before removing the firearm from its case.
- Only remove one firearm and one box of ammunition at a time.
- Keep all other gear that you are not using off the bench and in your range bag.
- Always face forward when you are handling your firearm.
- Never walk away and leave your firearm unattended.
- Do not step over another person’s gear, and do not leave your gear where other must step over or walk around it.
- Only shoot at range-approved targets.
- Do not try to give unsolicited advice to others.
- Report anyone who doesn’t follow the rules to a staff member.
- When you finish shooting, take down your targets, check the area around your shooting station, throw away your trash, and return all equipment where it belongs.